Thursday 17 March 2016

Touching Moment (17 March 16)

Few months ago, I accompany this patient and his family go through a very high risk operation. Recently, he is preparing his second operation at other hospital.

Preparing this opt, the patient again feel stressful about the opt, and his wife worried about him, wish me to refer a counselor in that hospital for him.

After guiding her what to do, although he is no longer in IJN, still I "sneak" in to another hospital to pay him a visit after work, and certainly still recall his surprise and happy face. :-P

I aware of the professional boundaries between counselor and client, and I will put trust and handover the case to another counselor and hospital. The reason I was there is to let the patient and family knew that even though they are alone in KL ( they are from other states far far away), there is someone still care about them. Wish them well..

No comments:

Post a Comment