Saturday 4 June 2016

Touching Moment ( 3 June 16)

Last few days, the husband was in pain after surgery, even with the helps of medication. The wife appeared very anxious and express helplessness in this incident. Thus, I assisted them to manage their emotions and situations, and emphasized on the self care for the wife as well.

After a few days, both of them appeared much better in terms of emotions management. While having individual session with husband, he expressed appreciation to me for helping the wife to manage her emotions. He said:"I know she care about me and wish me to get better soon, but when I saw her getting stress and helpless, it affects me as well."

"In these few days, she appeared calmer, which helps to foster my recovery as well as I have less worry over her situation too. Thanks for helping us."

It is good to have our love one to support and care on us. However, we also need to achieve the balance point: Too much care sometimes is a stressor to others, and while caring for others, we need to take care of ourselves too. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment